1. The first thing we all should do is make introspection, self-observation and regular self-critique a habit. If more stock of oneself is taken, the world will become a better place. Allah, the Almighty, says in the Holy Quran that He will not change the condition of people until they change what is in themselves (ch.13 v.11)
2. We could so easily be affected and influenced by the tiniest thing at any given time. We should therefore be careful as to who and what we choose to surround ourselves with!
3. Every Muslim should be reminded that he is the follower of the most selfless, compassionate, respectful, sincere and noble man ever to walk on the face of the earth!
4. In Islam, meeting someone with a smile on ones face is deemed a good deed! The Muslim community is a smiling community.
5. In Islam, for one to dress beautifully and respectfully is strongly encouraged. Islam preaches that this is loved by the Creator!
6. Our actions are pointless if they do not result in reformation and transformation. They should result in constant self-improvement that is witnessed in our mannerisms and character. The most valuable and heaviest on our scales will be good character and not any of our actions!
7. The goal behind all acts of worship is gaining the pleasure of the Almighty! Paradise is a bonus…
8. Our mothers, sisters, daughters and wives are to be cherished, supported and respected! This is an Islamic principle! ‘The best amongst men are those who are the best to the women in their lives.’ (Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him)
9. The best and most blessed sustenance is that obtained through effort and hard work. ‘No one has eaten anything better than that which he earned by his own hand!’ (Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him)
10. Consistency is the key. It is the secret to success. It is beloved to the Creator. Quality is what is aimed for and not quantity. This is an Islamic teaching.